Ahhh….my favorite challenge is upon us. One Photo Focus is here! Every month Stacy gives us a photo and we edit it to come up with our own take. Below you’ll find my image as well as the original which was provided by Katie Prior, so thanks Katie for your very fun image! And if you have time, check out Stacy’s blog to see everyone’s submissions. I’m excited to see what everyone came up with.
I thought about making a sea monster come out of the water but in order to be different than last month, I chose to go with the look of a painting this time.
1. Normally I don’t use Adobe Camera Raw opting for Lightroom, but this time I opened the image directly into Photoshop so using Adobe Camera Raw I leveled off the image and flattened out the horizon.
2. Opened in Photoshop and then tone-mapped the image in Nik HDR.
3. Colorized the image in Topaz Restyle.
4. Added some detail by using Topaz Glow Natural Neon as an overlay and at reduced opacity.
5. Added a curve to add more drama to the shadows and highlights.
6. Used Topaz Impression for painterly look.
7. Used a high pass filter to add sharpening to some areas of the stone.
Thank you Stacy for coordinating this fun challenge! 🙂