One Photo Focus is here! Every month Stacy gives us a photo and we edit it to come up with our own take. Below you’ll find my image as well as the original three bracketed images provided by Benjamin Rowe, so thanks Ben for three images for us to work on this month. 🙂 If you have time, check out Stacy’s blog to see everyone’s submissions. I’m excited to see what everyone came up with!
Seeing this castle immediately made me imagine Scotland or Ireland and the quintessential green grass. You know how I love color, so here’s my submission for this month!
1. Merged the three original bracketed images in Photomatix Pro to create an HDR image and then opened in Photoshop.
2. Added a curve to the sky.
3. Selected the grass and used a channel mixer layer to get the vibrant green.
4. Used a soft light cloud brush to even out the sky in some areas.
5. Enhanced the image in Nik Color Efex adding some detail and brilliance.
6. Reduced noise in sky and brushed some red into the sky.
7. Added a blur layer and exposed the center by using a radial gradient mask.
8. Selected the castle and added a Levels layer to accentuate the detail.
9. Selected the flag and added a red overlay.
10. Used some gradients to make the eye go toward the castle.
Thank you Stacy for coordinating this fun challenge! 🙂