For those of you who don’t know this challenge, it consists of everyone editing the same photo taken by one person. Below you’ll find my image as well as the original image provided by Lens Addiction. I will say this one was a real challenge for me and I almost gave up.
To see everyone’s submissions, please check out Stacy’s blog when you have time. It’s always fun to see everyone’s edits!
- Straightened image and removed two ropes in front (just because I wanted to use the patch tool lol)
- Isolated the sky and applied a color fill to add a yellow tone and remove the cloud contrast
- Added a levels mask to the boat hull to bring out the detail
- Applied Topaz Glow for a sketchy look
- Applied Topaz Impression for some smudges here and there
- Adjusted colors via hue/saturation mask
- Added two textures using two layers with masks to reveal parts of the image
- Added blur at top and bottom
- Dodged and burned a few areas in the sky