For those of you who don’t know this challenge, it consists of everyone editing the same photo taken by one person. Below you’ll find my image as well as the original image provided by Robin Kent. Thanks much Robin for the beautiful, original image! Please check out Stacy’s blog when you have time to see everyone’s submissions. It’s always fun to see everyone’s edits!
- Used Lightroom to make basic adjustments for clarity.
- Imported to Photoshop and cropped to 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Used patch tool to remove the modern white building and filled it with sky.
- Cleaned up the patch by using the healing brush.
- Added a texture layer and set blend mode to Lighter Color, reduced opacity to 74% and fill to 89% and added a mask where I took a black brush and hid parts of the texture at varying opacities to reveal more of the water glow, the wheel and parts of the building so that the texture didn’t completely obscure details. I picked a texture that would give me a glow near the wheel in the clouds and the water so that our eye is drawn there.
- Added another texture layer and set the blend mode to Color Burn, reduced opacity to 50% and fill to 50%. This layer was like laying a tissue completely over the entire image unlike the previous one where I only applied it to portions of the image.
- Used Color Efex Pro, Pro Contrast filter.