I thought I’d share one more image from Pt. Lobos in Carmel taken on my Sony A7. You can see my cousin way out on the rock in the upper right corner, but thankfully it’s not as scary as it looks. I really want to go back there very soon. Hmmm…I’m feeling a camera club outing in my near future!!
A few days ago we met my cousins from Michigan in Carmel, California. The weather couldn’t have been more perfect! Usually when I go to that area, I make sure I have my squall jacket but I didn’t even use it. In fact, I hardly needed a sweater!
I brought my Sony A7 with me, but I will say I didn’t really take that many pictures. Being with family I hadn’t seen in some years, I didn’t want to start taking a lot of pictures and then ending up not being able to focus on enjoying my family. No worries, I can always go back!
In the meantime, here are two images:
- Hidden Beach at Pt. Lobos State Park – All I can say is that this State Park is absolutely fantastic. I plan to go back so I can get more pictures of this absolutely gorgeous place. This picture is really just a very tiny area of such a vast, incredible place.
- Panorama from the Lone Cypress on 17-mile Drive in Pebble Beach which is adjacent to Carmel – You can see the Lone Cypress on the left. One thing I’ve realized is I need a wider lens than what comes with the camera because I would’ve liked to have gotten more foreground in the shot. The lens I used for this Pano is a 28-70mm and while for general things it’s a great lens, but I have a tendency to like wider. I’m not sure how many shots the camera took because I used the Panorama feature which does it all in camera.
I have been challenged by my friend Sue Jones to participate in the “Explore the Elements Travel” challenge. Thanks for the nomination and challenge accepted! The challenge is about publishing photos that represent the four earth elements, fire, wind/air, water and earth. I decided to go back into my archives and show some older photos. If you hover over the image you can see the description. Drumroll please!……..
Part of the challenge asks me to nominate five people. I think it all ends tomorrow, so my apologies for this late nomination!
2. Pam @ http://pkphotooftheday.com/
3. Hannah @ https://cybeleshineblog.wordpress.com/
4. Carrie @ https://theshadytree.wordpress.com/
5. Sarah @ https://miradordesign.wordpress.com/